|The Dime Piece: LeBron James MVP. Kobe Bryant Most Popular Jersey.|
|Monday, 03 May 2010 23:53|
King James is the league's most valuable player but the "Black Mamba" Kobe Bryant sells more merchandise. The league released their official list last week and since the 2008-09 season, Kobe has topped the list of the NBA's most popular jersey.
According to the NBA, the rankings are derived from sales at the NBA Store in New York and the NBAStore.com.
Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James maintains the No. 2 spot, while Orlando's Dwight Howard, Chicago guard Derrick Rose and Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade come in at 3,4 and 5 respectively.
The Los Angeles Lakers top the league in merchandise sales followed by the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Below is the list of the top 15 most popular NBA jerseys
1. Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic
4. Derrick Rose - Chicago Bulls
5. Dwayne Wade - Miami Heat
6. Kevin Garnett - Boston Celtics
7. Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets
8. Paul Pierce - Boston Celtics
9. Shaquille O'Neal - Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Pau Gasol - Los Angeles Lakers
11. Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets
12. Steve Nash - Phoenix Suns
13. David Lee - New York Knicks
14.Allen Iverson - Philadelphia 76ers
15.Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder
Kobe's jersey leads sales in Europe and China.
The Dime Piece is a column on everything basketball.
Log onto www.dcmetrosports.com weekly for the Dime Piece.